Monday, December 1, 2008

Custom Big Bertha Action Figures!




You've gotta admit, Big Bertha has some of the best powers a female could ask for in comics. For those of you who don't already know what her powers are, her real name is Ashley Crawford and she's a model (Who's thin, by the way). She's also a mutant on the Great Lakes Avengers team with the power to fatten up to such epic proportions as the (X-Men villain) Blob himself ! Awesome, no?What you see in the pics above are 2 customs of Big Bertha, both made from the Marvel Legends Blob Build-a-Figure that I found on figurerealm.com. So yeah, sadly, these aren't real and available at retail (Oh, how I wish they were... hahaha!) or anywhere else for that matter, although I believe the Big Bertha in the first pic was available on ebay at one time, but I don't think it ever sold... If I had to pick my favorite of the 2, I'd go with the 2nd one, although I do like the costume's collar on the 1st one. For some reason, the 2nd one just looks much cuter in the face and all around (Probably because the customizer used a She-Hulk head and some sculpting clay). With a little luck, maybe Hasbro could make her available as a BAF someday (I know I'd build her). What do you guys think about these one of a kind Big Bertha action figures, and Big Bertha in general? Be sure to let me know in a comment.

No comments: